For its seventh year in a row, the largest experiential tech festival in the Middle East, STEP Conference, is Coming Home to Dubai Internet City on February 13-14, 2019 to gather tech startups, investors, entrepreneurs, and influential speakers.
STEP has and will always be:
- Home to the best startup founders and investors in MENA
- Home to creatives, digital enthusiasts, and the wild at heart
- A genuine experience full of energy
- Putting the community first
Startups across tech, finance, digital, health and a wide range of industries will be showcasing at the Startup Basecamp and will even get a chance to participate at the STEP Pitch Competition.
With four uniquely placed conferences – STEP Start, STEP Money, STEP X, and STEP Digital – participants will experience the industry’s newest innovations, brand activations, live entertainment and benefit from exclusive one-on-one meetings with some of the region’s brightest and experienced mentors and investors.
Here are a few speakers that will join us:
- Amr Awadallah – ClouderaCo-Founder and CTO of Cloudera, Amr previously served as Vice President of Product Intelligence Engineering at Yahoo! and ran one of the very first organizations to use Hadoop for data analysis and business intelligence.
- Asma Shabab – IBM Watson IoTMarketing Leader for Watson Internet of Things at IBM Middle East, Africa & Turkey, Asma explores how artificial intelligence is making ‘things’ smarter and how it’s going to shape the future of decision making. Before joining IBM, Asma was engaged in B2C and B2B communications as Director, Account Management and Business Development, at Corporate & Marketing Communications, CMC (an affiliate of Ketchum) one of the largest PR firms in Pakistan.
- Eric Fulwiler – VaynerMediaA sought-after expert, contributor, and speaker on key developments in and the future of social media and communications. Eric is executive director of the London office of digital agency VaynerMedia, whose clients include General Electric, Pepsico, Unilever and Anheuser-Busch InBev, among others.
- Jenny Zeng – MSA CapitalMSA Capital Managing Partner with 18+ years of experience in the Chinese VC industry and also the organizer of the first series of Angel Investing events which pioneered the concept of angel investing in China.
- Sirish Kumar – TelrThe CEO & Co-founder of Telr, an international e-payment solution that enables merchants to accept payments from local and international buyers in multiple countries and in multiple currencies, with one simple integration. Sirish is also an angel investor and led social entrepreneurship initiatives in Singapore and the Philippines.
- Marta Piekarska – HyperledgerDirector of Ecosystem at Hyperledger and previously involved in the formation of the W3C Blockchain community Group, Marta has a passion for the blockchain functionality in non-traditional spaces, such as identity, last mile aid and education delivery and sustainability. She is a valued member of the technical advisory to ID2020, DIF and participated in Rebooting Web of Trust on regular basis.
- Tammer Qaddumi – Venture SouqThe Founding Partner of VentureSouq has 7+ years in the venture capital space, working with assets valued over $3 billion. Prior to that, Tammer worked with the Office of Presidential Personnel at the White House in Washington, D.C. amongst other key roles at UBS & HSBC in New York and Dubai, respectively.
- Padmini Gupta – Go RisePrior to co-founding Go Rise, a platform which democratizes access to essential financial services for millions of migrants globally, Padmini was an award-winning Banker from California and World Economic Forum Global Leadership Fellow.
Get your tickets today by taking advantage of the “Community Discount”.
- Master Pass – Community Discount https://bit.ly/2sfaT5O
- STEP Start Pass – Community Discount https://bit.ly/2SJaUKI
- STEP Digital Pass – Community Discount https://bit.ly/2SHm7v8
- STEP X Pass – Community Discount https://bit.ly/2FfDiAf
- STEP Money Pass – Community Discount https://bit.ly/2RaMQUp
For more on speakers, activities, partners and tickets, visit www.stepconference.com.