There is no doubt that Instagram, the social platform with more than 700 million MAU, is the place to be for many marketers.
Instagram offers businesses with a Business Profile insights as to how followers interact with their content.
In order to get started, just head over to your Business Profile on Instagram and tap the graph icon on the top right corner. Here you can get an overall view of how people are interacting with your Business Profile. Select specific posts, stories, or promotions you’d like to view insights on.
Currently, you can see insights for the following:
- Impressions – Total number of times your posts and stories were viewed
- Reach – Number of unique accounts who viewed your posts and stories
- Website Clicks – The number of clicks to links you’ve included in your business profile description
- Profile Views – The number of unique accounts who’ve visited your business profile
- Additionally to the above you will get demographic info about your followers, such as gender, age and location information.
- Saved: The number of unique accounts that saved your post
- Impressions: Total number of times your post was seen
- Reach: Number of unique accounts who saw your post
- Engagement – includes the total number of unique Instagram accounts that liked, commented on or saved your post
- Video Views – The total number of times your video was viewed
- Impressions: Total number of times your story was seen
- Reach: Number of unique accounts who saw your story
- Replies: Number of times people send messages through the Send Message option on your story
- Exits: The number of times someone swiped from one of your stories to someone else’s story, or returned to their Feed.
Have in mind that in the case that you had an individual Instagram Profile, insights for any content you might have posted will be available only from the day you converted your profile to a business account.
What do you think of the insights Instagram provides you with? Do you think they are sufficient enough for you?