Facebook has released a report with results for the Q3 of this year. The number of daily active users increased by 24 million to reach 1.495 billion people. Q3 revenue also showed growth to $13.54 billion. In their future strategies, Facebook will focus on improving video tools, stories and messaging apps across all of its platforms.
Facebook has again demonstrated its strength and growth in a period of problems with privacy and the spread of false news. More than 2.6 billion people use Facebook, Instagram Messenger or WhatsApp every month, and over 2 billion users on average use at least one of these platforms.
Facebook’s main priorities include expanding the use of Stories and Instant messaging tools. Mark Zuckerberg has said that the content sharing rate is shifting sharply in favour of private news. Users are sending up to 100 billion Facebook messages daily, and Stories are seeing 1 billion users per day on all platforms.
And what are the specific statistics for Q3 2018?
- The number of daily active users increased in September 2018 and reached 1.49 billion, which is a 9% increase compared to the same period in 2017.
- The number of monthly active users reached 2.27 billion, which is 10% higher than the same period in 2017.
- Ad revenues for the third quarter of 2018 reached $13.54 billion, up 33% from the same period in 2017.
- Revenue from mobile advertising accounted for approximately 92% of total advertising revenue. This is an increase of roughly 88% compared to the same period in 2017.
- In the third quarter, Facebook increased the number of employees to 33,606, which represents a year-to-year increase of 45%.
- Capital expenditures for the third quarter of 2018 amounted to $3.34 billion.
- Net income for the third quarter increased by 9% to $5.137 billion.
If you are interested in more information, check out the complete statistics report.