Facebook wants to help brands create attractive vertical ads when using Stories on Instagram in order to drive audience engagement. This is the main reason they are now making it possible for you to use the templates in Ads Manager.
Ad templates for Stories offer different layouts, colors and texts. Moving features are also available to attract attention. Templates are flexible, so you can customize them to your liking and needs without adding your own additional graphics. This will save you time and money while giving you new opportunities to engage your audience. Businesses of every size will appreciate these templates.
You can use Stories templates for advertising purposes, traffic, app installations and conversions.
How to do use Instagram Stories ads templates
- In Ads Manager, start creating ads with your image in your usual way.
- Under “Ad Placement,” select Instagram Stories. (You can also click Edit next to the ad placement preview to see a pop-up with more options.)
- In the pop-up window, click Change template. The preview also automatically shows you how the template ad looks.
- If you’d like to further edit your ad or creative, choose other options.
- You can upload your own image or use one you’ve already posted on your Instagram profile. You can change the aspect ratio, height and width, or crop it. Formats can also be combined.
- In the text section, you can easily customize the title and other captions (we recommend using shorter texts, which work better in Stories) as well as the font and background colors of the text.
- Creative tools are also available to change the background color of your entire Stories, add music or video clips, and more.
- Click Save when you’re happy with your ad design.
- Follow the next steps as usual. Then confirm your ad in the final step. The control works in the standard way.
Facebook is introducing the new templates for Instagram Stories gradually. You may not see them yet, but don’t worry. Facebook has already launched them globally and sooner or later they will reach you as well.